The Problem with Reading Articles from Media Bistro...
Open letter to myself...(Warning, whining below):
"If you continue to read about 22-year-old Princeton grads winning the Pulitzer Prize and future Harvard B school Wunderkind's who plan to write their second New York Times best seller list book while matriculating for a graduate degree in something that will guarantee their ability to obtain elite health & dental care for the rest of their natural lives, you'll be ready to slit your wrists by the end of the day.
Stop it, now."
Whenever I get this desperate, 'my-life-has-been-a-waste' moments, I remember what a psychic once told me: "You have a habit of believing yourself a failure."
'K, yeah I do.
But who doesn't at least a tinsy-tiny bit? The desperation is just a symptom for frustration at all my missed opportunities.
But if I focus on what's in the past, I then continue to miss what is available to me now in, in the present. A freaking uroborous of a situation, eh?
OK. I'll stop whining. And I'll stop reading Media Bistro on Tuesday mornings.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home